January 10, 2011

Anugerah Juara Lagu 25

Anugerah Juara Lagu 25, how do you like it? I thought of posting this yesterday, but since of you most probably won't read this or too busy writing it yourself, then there's no point.

So, the competition known for it controversy from year to year has made another one. The biggest controversy (as said by those that didn't agreed with the judges) is the winning song and artist, Ana Rafali for the song Tolong Ingatkan Aku.

I can't say I love it, but I can't say I hate it. This is a professional juries chosen competition, which means the people that select her song is from a group of experience and very professional people in the industry. This is her first act on the Juara Lagu's stage and already dubbed the champion, an incredible but also shocking news to everyone.

Well, according to what I heard and read, the juries pick her because she represents the new media or face of music. The type of song she brings to the industry is how the industry survive in the future. I must agreed with this one, some of our local act has not shown any progress in the past years and frankly I think a new fresh type of music might just jolted our entertainment industry again.

Yet, the competition is not entirely about how the artist project herself, and how her song will help the industry, it's about how the artist show her art in a very powerful and unforgettable way and so I'm still with my decision, that her performance is mediocre and vocal projection is not as strong as Hafiz or Faizal Tahir.

So that is my take on all this controversy, some people may like the results, some may not. But the most important part is most of us still want to see our entertainment industry thrive on. Not for a year or two, but for another 10 to 20 years. Let just hope this controversy clear away quick.

List of winners

Persembahan Terbaik: Hanyut, Faizal Tahir

Vokal Terbaik: Noktah Cinta, Hafiz AF

Tempat Ketiga AJL25: Noktah Cinta, Hafiz AF

Naib Juara AJL25; Drama King, Meet Uncle Hussain dan Black

Juara AJL25: Tolong Ingatkan Aku, Ana Raffali


No comments: