June 5, 2007

BERTRAND RUSSELL

some might wonder..who is he?well..here is a brief history about him..

he was a British philosopher, logician, mathematician and advocate for social reform....he is trully a philosopher of modern day some might said...his writing were used throughout the era..even after his death..

anyway..if you realize something in my pic up there..could see a lot of hand with peace sign right?now..do u read the phrase i enter in the picture?

now that is just a few line of his famous writing..here is the rest..

Three passions have governed my life:
The longings for love, the search for knowledge,
And unbearable pity for the suffering of [humankind].

Love brings ecstasy and relieves loneliness.
In the union of love I have seen
In a mystic miniature the prefiguring vision
Of the heavens that saints and poets have imagined.

With equal passion I have sought knowledge.
I have wished to understand the hearts of [people].
I have wished to know why the stars shine.

Love and knowledge led upwards to the heavens,
But always pity brought me back to earth;
Cries of pain reverberated in my heart
Of children in famine, of victims tortured
And of old people left helpless.
I long to alleviate the evil, but I cannot,
And I too suffer.

This has been my life; I found it worth living.


and this is also what im gonna nail to my heart..what he see..what he felt..i can see and feel it now..what i found that is worth something to live for..

until next post then..

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i thot i penah tgk de lines... in one of ur link lists page..

Haniff said...

hah?where?who?what?when?

Anonymous said...

in Putri's

Haniff said...

lor..ye ke?tak tau pun..kat mane ek?