May 10, 2010

green thought

ok..here's my point of view about the idea of having a nuclear power plant on our backyard..but before that..the policeman that shot the 15 year old boy has been charged NOT convict with section 304(A) inculpable homicide not mounting to murder..more stories here The Star

back to the main story here

so most of you if not all of you already heard the plan of having a nuclear plant by the year 2021 or something? that's pretty damn soon if you ask me, and I've wrote about this in here, the plan has been talked and discussed for more than a year now, and I personally think it's a good idea..I know it's against what I stand for, which is green and sustainable energy BUT I'm looking at a long term view here..sustainable energy for 50 years, now..that sure beat petroleum reservoir we have that rumors to dried in 2030 and gas reserve only up to 2047..

there are some interesting questions that are being asked, like..where the hell are we going to build this thing?it's not like we have thousands of acre of land that aren't being use for anything..so, I list down a few possible places to build the plant,

1. top of Titiwangsa Range
2.on the most top of the country (Perlis, Perak, Kelantan)
3.on some island somewhere, preferably with no tourist interest
4.on opposition party's led states(Selangor, Perlis, Kelantan) HEHEHE

either way, the idea of building it has already drew some attention, no other ASEAN countries have the capability of building a nuclear power plant, not even Singapore!

I still hold my ground to find green, renewable and sustainable energy..we are located in the middle of South East Asia, we have winds, waves and tides power from South China Sea, solar power all year round, and this power last for millenia, why can't we harness this energy instead?

whatever the reason, I just hope we have the expertise and the security to handle nuclear, because IT'S NUCLEAR WE TALKING ABOUT, have you forget Chernobyl? or do you need pictures to remind you?

that's my two cents..for more info on Malaysia's nuclear program, visit the official website http://www.nuclearmalaysia.gov.my/

adios!

No comments: