September 25, 2009

most confusing raya yet

ok..so here's a first look of what this raya that I like to call, THE MOST CONFUSING RAYA YET~!

there are gonna be few confusing facts that I wish I won't have to explain again..hehehe

for those that haven't got a clue yet, my family celebrate raya between Kelantan and Johor, since my dad's dad at Kelantan, and my mom's families at Johor, so we switch between the 2 states, this year Johor, next year Kelantan, next one Johor, unless if unforeseen troubles come...

fact num 1: we will switch our raya's theme every 2 year, which mean everytime we get back to Johor, we will wear something new, and this year..its yucky GREEN..why yucky?because it is..my mom picked it, and she's like having this urge to have everything in GREEN..she even want to paint the house green..but I think it will wear off..

ok..so this is the confusing part,

fact num 2: when my mom was a baby, she was adopted by my biological grandma's sister, which make my mom has 2 moms and 2 dads..later my biological grandma died, and my biological granddad married another woman..which make my mom has 3 moms and 2 dads...hehe

fact num 3: everytime we went back to Johor, we will celebrate raya mostly with my step grandma's side of the family, and with my mom's siblings..the craziest aunties and uncles you could ever wish for..I never get really close to my biological granddad's family, maybe because my mom was never close to him since a little child..

fact num 4: this year, I don't know why, we decided to celebrate raya with my biological granddad's side of the family too..and as you can relate, I don't know any of them..and I'm not great with any of them..but they cooked very great foods..hahahah

fact num 5: the only living grandparent now is my biological granddad..my biological grandma, step granddad and step grandma, and the new wife of my biological granddad has all long died..I only knew my biological granddad, step grandma and new wife of my biological granddad

fact num 6: another confusing thing happened while we were visiting family members from my biological granddad side...an old relative, said this to me " yang ni lawa kan? " while her eyes scanning all my siblings..hahaha...LAWA? maybe I was a bit jambu that day..hehe

fact num 7: I didn't mention yet my step granddad's side right? hmm..that side is a little out of our league..why? because they are all rich rich people ma~ hehe..though they live in KL, they never visit us...it has always been us visiting them...snobbish rich people..hehehe

fact num 8: every time we went back for raya in Johor (which is every 2 years) there will always be some new cousins popping out of no where..this year, there's a new girl, next 2 years, a boy maybe, another 2 years, twins maybe..how much duit raya will I be giving out in next 5 to 10 years?! oh the HORROR!

fact num 9: my most closest cousin, Tasya was engaged during the 4th day of raya..to a guy, which I think work as a security officer in the same building as my cousin works..and they are both Johor..again..why can't she married a nice decent guy from KL or Pahang or Perak..hehehe..well, they will be engaged for 2 years before they get married..I will post more about the engagement later..

fact num 10: guess what we did on the 2nd day of raya? we watched the Emmy..yes..the best one yet..this is mostly due to a great host they have, Neil Patrick Harris who plays Barney in How I Met Your Mother was the host, and may I add, the best one yet..

so they you go...all about raya this year in Johor..I really like this year, with new DSLR, I managed to snaps up to 1000+ pics..and the usable ones are only about 500+ pics..hahaha...get to know new family members, eat new food..taste long lost dishes..

in one word, this year is AWESOME!

pics will be uploaded later ok?500+ pics, how oh how will I upload it all?hahaha..most of the pics can be found on my facebook

adios~

3 comments:

Breathing.In.Luxembourg said...

Apa salahnya sama negeri shesh. johor best sgt kot :D

Haniff said...

hahaha..tak salah, tapi famili johor I ni dah ramai sangat yang kawin sama negeri..itu jer..

didi_adinna said...

Pening kepala akuh baca SALALATUS SALITIN nko ini....*sigh*

But ok, nice bercampur mice?/

Apa nih? Janji sedap bunyi....